Eliot awarded contract to open the Everett Family Resource Center
Eliot is pleased and excited to announce it has been awarded a contract to operate a Family Resource Center for Everett and its surrounding communities.
According to Keith Wales, Director “We have signed a contract with the Department of Children and Families and EOHHS to open a Family Resource Center in the City of Everett. It will be located in the old Everett High School building on 548 Broadway, Everett and we hope to open in mid-October. Our deepest thanks to Mayor DeMaria, Kevin O’Donnell, and Steve Supino from the City of Everett for their continued support and commitment to this initiative.”
Massachusetts Family Resource Centers (FRCs) are a statewide network of community-based providers offering multi-cultural parenting programs, support groups, early childhood services, information and referral resources and education for families whose children range in age from birth to 18 years of age The goal is to provide easy access to information and assistance related to health care, safety, employment training, education and support families to strengthening their bonds, connecting to others, and engaging in their communities.
Prevention is a major focus of the Family Resource Center with many psycho-educational, life skills and support groups occurring throughout the week. The Everett Family Resource Center will offer:
- Evidence Based Parent Education Classes: Parenting Journeys, Nurturing Families, Nurturing Fathers, Active Parenting with Teens, School Preparation and Support.
- Grandparents Raising Grandkids support group/resources
- Cultural Introduction for Immigrant Families
- Resource Access and support- Vocational, Housing, DV Advocacy, Primary Care, Behavioral Health, Case Management, Legal Aid(pro bono)
- Solution/skill focused/self-esteem play groups for kids
- Mom groups and Teen parent support groups
- Intimate partner education/DV Prevention Education/Resources
- Nutrition/Finance workshops
- LBGTQ supports/resources
- Substance Use Disorder – facilitated self-help groups/resources/referrals
- Substance Use Disorder Prevention – Youth focused self-help groups
- Response to family crises
- Early childhood services
- Information and referral
- Access to an onsite emergency food and supply pantry for:
- nonperishable meals/food
- school supplies
- hygiene products – deodorant, shampoo, soap
- preloaded laundromat cards and laundry detergent
- giftcards to grocery stores
We are urgently seeking donations of money and items to stock our pantry.
Cash donations can be made on our website:www.eliotchs.org. or by check mailed to Eliot Community Human Services, 125 Hartwell Ave., Lexington MA 02420-Attention Laurie Sandler. Be sure to note that your donation is for the Resource Center Supply Pantry.
Nonperishable food and supply items can be dropped off at the Eliot Clinic, 173 Chelsea St., Everett MA- Attention Keith Wales.