Eliot’s Therapeutic Mentoring offers structured, one-on-one, strengths-based support services between a Therapeutic Mentor and a youth to address daily living, social, emotional, and communication needs. Therapeutic Mentors work in conjunction with an Intensive Care Coordinator, In-Home Therapy Team, or an individual therapist as part of a Care Planning Team to help youth meet their personal goals and reach their full potential. Therapeutic Mentoring services are provided in the home and community.
- Supporting, coaching and training youth in age-appropriate behaviors;
- Strengthening interpersonal communication;
- Teaching problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Developing healthy relationships with peers and adults in recreational and social settings; and
- Increasing a youth’s integration and participation in their local community.